Acribond Acrylic Foam Tapes offer excellent weathering
and ageing properties, good high and low temperature
resistance, and very high performance adhesion.
The majority of our Acribond tapes are manufactured in
a way that the acrylic adhesive, and the acrylic foam carrier
are one. This offers superior cohesive properties, and excellent
elongation and cushioning properties.
With the adhesive being integrated into the foam, maximum
adhesion can be maintained when the tape is being applied
to a radius or to an irregular surface.
Acribond Tapes are made from viscoelastic copolymers and polymers, some with a filler comprising
of glass microspheres. The products are extruded and the curing process is by ultra violet lights.
Very thin foams can be produced from 0.25mm thick up to 3mm thick using the same process.
The foam is naturally tacky and has good adhesive properties. Certain grades have an additional adhesive coating.
Acribond Acrylic Foam Tapes are available in clear, white, grey and dark grey.
We offer paper and poly liners.
Which tape to use?
To determine the correct Acribond Acrylic Foam Tape for a specific application,
many factors need to be considered, such as:
- What are the materials that need to be joined, or bonded to?
- How heavy is the product?
- Is the application exposed to sunlight, UV, solvents, moisture, high or low temperatures?
- Is the application subject to movement or other environmental conditions or stresses?
- Will the application experience expansion and contraction?
- Are the substrates painted, coated or have a mould release?
- Id the product to be used immediately, or is there good dwell time?
- What are the budgetting constraints?
- Will the tape need to be removed?
Purchasing Acribond Products.
Acribond Acrylic Foam Tapes and Accessories are distributed by Husky Tape Converting
through an extensive distributor network covering Australia and New Zealand,
South Pacific, South Eat Asia, and throughout the world.
Please contact us at Husky Tape for a list of distributors in your area.
Always follow the manufacturer's instructions and safety precautions when using solvents,
cleaning products, power tools and abrasives.
All information and recommendations issued on Acribond products and Husky Tape Converting products,
has been based on research and is believed to be reliable, but does not constitute a warranty.
All Acribond and Husky Tape products are sold with the understanding that the buyer will independantly
determine the suitability of the product for the buyer's purpose.